Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Fussy What?

A fussy cut. Oh yes, there is such a thing. Along with other weird things like fat quarters, selvage, LOF, and WOF (yeah, that makes me think of a dog too). These things exist in a parallel universe called quilting. If you haven't been there, you should try it sometime.

I went to my first quilting class tonight. Wow! I think my college statistics class was less intimidating. I show up knowing nothing more about quilting than what I had managed to gather from a google search earlier in the day. Oh, the other ladies ARRIVE with their 'show and tell'. Past quilting conquests are laying over every surface of the room.

I'm like the guy who showed up bragging about bagging a 'Bambi' only to have everyone else in the room have an 8-point buck strapped to the roof of the car.

The things that the ladies made were beautiful. It will be an absolute miracle if I can actually pull this off. Amongst the excitement of discussing our project I hear rumblings about our next project. What? Are you kidding me? I don't even know how to use a rotary cutter yet!

I am totally excited about getting my fabric and my tools. This should be a fun ride. I'll keep you posted as to my progress (or lack thereof) throughout the course of the quilt. Next class is November 20. Must have fabric selected, cut and sorted. Gee, that sounds easy!?!? (Marilyn, expect calls, lots of calls...)

Here is a pic of what we are making. Marilyn did a beautiful job.


Sidebar: While I was having mini panic attacks at the quilting class, Kaylee was celebrating Great Grandma Genny's birthday. Happy Birthday Grandma!! Thought I should throw that little tidbit in since this is supposed to be a blog about Kaylee. I'll try to keep my ramblings to a minimum on other non-Kaylee related topics.

1 comment:

Debbies Doodle said...

I love the quilt..
if you have time i would really like to know how you get the wall paper on the sides of your blog..
Deb