Thursday, December 31, 2009

Vacation Pics

Here are some shots of the beach.  These pictures don’t do it justice.  It really is lovely with the white sand beaches.

These are pictures of our resort.  It was gorgeous.  If you ever go to the Dominican Republic, I would definitely recommend the Iberostar Bavaro Grand Hotel.  Total luxury!

We did three excursions during our stay.  They were the Outback Safari, Marinarium and Zip Line Adventure.  The Outback Safari allowed us to see a lot of the Dominican countryside and villages.  We were able to tour a Dominican home, see how cocoa and coffee are produced, eat a typical Dominican meal and went boogie boarding on a public beach.  Here are some photos we captured.

The Marinarium excursion included snorkeling and lounging on the boat.  I found out that I cannot snorkel.  To me, it kind of felt like drowning and then suddenly remembering that I could breathe out of my mouth.  I’m glad I tried it, but I probably won’t go again.  Cory did really well and caught on fast.  I guess you could say I was a really slow learner! 

Finally, we went up into the mountains and rode on the zip lines.  We had a lot of fun on this excursion.  The scenery was beautiful on the way up to the mountains (even though the roads were a bit rough at times).

It was a fabulous trip.  I guess turning 30 isn’t so bad after all!

No comments: