Saturday, November 1, 2008

Surviving Halloween

So, the plan was to have a low-key Halloween this year. Pass out treats. Period.

You know we just can't keep it simple. That would be so unlike us.

When I arrived at daycare on Thursday morning I was informed of the upcoming Harvest Party to take place on Friday. Oh, and the kids are dressing up. Of course, I have no costume for Kaylee.

Thursday night I was off to Pimada to see what treasures still remained the day before Halloween. I was pleasantly surprised to find a princess dress in Kaylee's size. Wow! The best part, 60% off. Scored a cute little Cinderella number for $9.99. I'm feeling pretty good about my purchase. Bring the dress home. Kaylee wants to wear it right now. She is so excited. I'm totally feeling like I am getting the Mommy of the Year Award this year.

I was wrong. I was going to hold out and make Kaylee wait until Halloween to wear the dress, but her and her dad wore me down. OK, OK. You can wear the dress after your bath. She took a bath in record time. That was awesome.

After the bath we put the dress on as promised. I'm feeling good. Everybody seems happy...until Kaylee realizes that I did not buy any matching princess shoes. It was a bit of a tragedy. We convinced her that her church shoes would probably suffice.


Needless to say, I spent my lunch break at Wal-Mart on Friday looking for the shoes. Everything was pretty much picked over, but I did manage to find a pair that kinda match and are a little too big. Neither of which matter to Kaylee. She loves them.


Here is a cute picture of Kaylee getting ready to hand out candy for Trick or Treat. She looks so cute.


She did a little sampling prior to Trick or Treat hours. I think she chose a sucker for this particular sample.

The aforementioned shoes. Don't they look gorgeous!

All in all it was a great night for Trick or Treat. The weather was beautiful and Kaylee helped me pass out treats for about an hour. She was getting cold and bored, so I let her watch Casper while I finished.

She wouldn't take the dress off for bed, so she slept in it. We have been through all kinds of weird phases about sleeping in weird things. Not sure why I thought this would be any different. I did manage to get her to change clothes this morning, but only with the promise she could carry the costume in a bag.

Kaylee was happy as a lark carrying her costume bag into the grocery store this afternoon. Whatever. She behaved. I'm happy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!!!
Aunt Karen thinks you are the best princess ever.

Carol Seitz said...

LOVE the shoes! Kaylee, you are quite a fashionista. The story about carrying the costume in the bag is just too cute. I love reading Kaylee stories. She makes life fun!