Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Heckled by Kaylee

I have been having some car problems (again), so I drove Cory's car to work yesterday. It is a little Toyota Celica with a manual transmission. I haven't driven a car with a manual transmission in about four years. To put it kindly, it was a bit rough.

After I picked Kaylee up from Grandma's house yesterday afternoon, she proceeded to heckle me from the backseat.

Her first comment came only a mile from Grandma's house. I had a little trouble coaxing the car into gear, so we jerked around a little bit. From the backseat I hear Kaylee's little voice, "hold on tight!" She was holding on to the headrest on the front seat. Little does Kaylee know that my driving had improved by the time I picked her up!

A little further into the trip we encountered a hill with a stop sign. As you can imagine, I struggled with this situation. As we were rolling backward I hear another comment from the peanut gallery (aka Kaylee in the backseat). "Mommy broke the car."

I was laughing so hard at this point that I could barely get the car going - that's my excuse anyway.

What a fun day!

No comments: